Linked in is currently the number one platform for networking and job opportunities. Everyone who is entering a professional field makes sure of putting resume on LinkedIn to market their skills and experience in their respected expertise.
This is a great way to get your name out there for anyone looking to hire in your field, and the job hunt becomes much easier when you use all of LinkedIn’s features.
Here is how to upload resume on LinkedIn, and all you need to know about.
How to Upload Resume on LinkedIn?
Uploading resume to LinkedIn is a super easy task and an important step in creating an impressive LinkedIn profile. There is a designated place to upload your resume under your name and title. LinkedIn has features that allow you to upload files to your summary section.
You can experiment with posting links to your previous work, articles, or portfolio. Many people also use it to resume on LinkedIn.
You can follow these simple steps in order to upload your resume to the platform successfully.
- Step 1: Go to LinkedIn.com and Log in to your account.
- Step 2: Click on the tab labeled ‘Me’ right under your profile photo.
- Steps 3: After that, you can then click on ‘view profile,’ and it will reveal a drop-down menu.
- Step 4: You can see a small pencil edit icon on the top right corner of your summary section. This is labeled as the ‘about’ section of your profile. Click on the link to see a menu.
- Step 5: Scroll down, and you will find a section labeled ‘Media,’ which shows a feature to upload files and links. You can use this option to import various files from your PC or Mac.
- Step 6: Have your resume saved on your personal computer, and upload it in the Summary section.
- Step 7: Add a title and a description to your upload, so a visitor immediately knows what it is. Click on the ‘Apply’ option to make your change. Make sure the description is short and conveys the message.
- Step 8: Click on ‘Save’ to successfully upload your Resume on LinkedIn! It is as easy as that.
You can also use this tutorial if you are looking to know “how to update resume on LinkedIn.”
How Does Uploading Resume to LinkedIn Help?
Putting resume on LinkedIn can really help make use of all of its features. While the platform is already designed to show your skill, work experience, and education, a resume can help people save and view your information.
Your resume on LinkedIn can be a customized and detailed version of your existing details on LinkedIn. This way, you can make a personalized effort in conveying your experience and skill level.
Anyone looking to hire really likes to view organized data; you can have both a summary and longer version, so if a potential hirer in interested, they can dig deeper into your work. It’s a great way to make your profile stand out amongst others.
What Other Options Does A User Have Besides Uploading A Resume?
A resume is not the only option—there multiple ways to show your work experience and skills without uploading a detailed external file. If your resume is already on an online portal, you can always link the online portal so a person can view it there in detail.
However, apart from Uploading resume to LinkedIn, you can also upload links that directly lead to your work. If you are a writer, journalist, or researcher, you can link your published articles. If you are a freelance designer or artist, you can link your work portfolio.
The Media upload option can very well be used for both resumes and uploading links to your past work and different files containing your work!
So, now you know how to post resume on LinkedIn. It is pretty easy to put your resume on LinkedIn. It allows you the opportunity to fully describe the nature of your experience and conveying it in the right manner.
Once you have entirely edited your resume, you can upload it right away. If you also think that putting your information twice can get a little redundant, you can use the same option for URLs and other kinds of media.